Wednesday 12 August 2015

Hard as Nails by Sally Hansen


I know there are a thousand things that are more important in life but sometimes a chipped nail is pretty depressing, especially for someone who enjoys painting their nails. It's annoying when that one nail decides to chip and break off making everything look odd.

I am currently in this phase where I am obsessed with my nails and want them to be perfect. Now that they are healthy and long, I want them to last and not chip or split. So I thought I'd find something that would strengthen them and keep them in good condition. 

I heard that Sally Hansen did a good selection of nail strengthening products so I thought I'd try the 'Hard as Nails' one. I have tried various base coats and this is by far the best! After using it for nearly a month, it has made a massive difference! My nails definitely feel harder and much more stronger than before. They just feel healthier in general.

The special nylon and retinol formula prevents your nails from chipping and splitting. My nails usually start to chip and split when they get to a certain length so I always have to cut them so they're all even, and then wait ages for them to grow back again. However, after using this product, they have definitely stopped chipping and splitting and I have noticed that they are growing longer and stronger than before. I don't need to worry about accidentally bending them or being a bit rough. Yes, I have been trying to bend them to see how hard they really have become! 

The consistency is really nice and thin so it goes on your nails like a dream. The brush is a nice flat shape making it easy to apply. It also dries super quick too, literally in five mins! You can use it on its own with two coats but I have been applying one layer as a base coat. I have also noticed that by using it as a base coat, it has made my nail polish last longer too! You can also use it as a top coat as it has a nice glossy finish

It is available in two shades, nude/clear (which is the one that I got) and natural. I purchased mine from Boots for £4.75 and they're currently on offer too!

No comments:

Post a Comment